Thursday, December 22, 2011

Featured Blog: the Center for the Future of Museums

I'm going to do this new thing where I show you the blogs that I find the most useful and make it a point to keep up with, even when I'm too busy to blog myself. I think it's appropriate that the first be AAM's Center for the Future of Museums blog. CFM is a think tank and research/design lab that guides museums in exploring the cultural, political, and economic challenges facing society and helps them "transcend traditional boundaries to serve society in new ways." Right on. Written by founding director Elizabeth Merritt, the blog has an educative (but definitely not condescending) approach that combines commentary, news, and, how shall I say, museum studies guides that are always impressively on the pulse of such an interdisciplinary area. I always feel a little more savvy after reading. I particularly recommend their Twitter recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment